Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you're looking for Onion Soubise Mashed Potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Onion Soubise Mashed Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Onion Soubise Mashed Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
Many of us think that comfort foods are not good for us and that we must stay away from them. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Other times, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to consume. There are some foods that basically can boost your moods when you eat them. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional boost, try a few of these.
Green tea is actually great for your mood. You just knew it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea is rich in an amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid actually induces brain waves. This will improve your brain's concentration while also loosening up the rest of your body. You probably already knew how easy it is to get healthy when you drink green tea. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood too!
So you see, you don't need to consume all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to onion soubise mashed potatoes recipe. To cook onion soubise mashed potatoes you need 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Onion Soubise Mashed Potatoes:
- Prepare of Onion Soubise.
- Provide 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Provide 2 of sweet onions (Fine diced).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need To taste of white pepper.
- You need of Mashed Potatoes.
- Get 5 of Large russet potatoes (Peeled, halved).
- Use 1.5 stick of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Get to taste of White pepper.
Steps to make Onion Soubise Mashed Potatoes:
- In a medium sauce pan, place 7 tablespoons of butter, and the fine diced sweet onion. Place on low heat, stir often until onion is soft. (Slow is best, so be patient.).
- Once the onion is soft, and exhibits a sweet flavor, pour in the cream. Let this simmer on low until the cream cooks down into a nice thick constancy. Remove from heat, set aside. Note: Low and slow, with no burning is key..
- In a large sauce pan boil water, then add potatoes, cook until soft all the way through..
- While potatoes cook, blend the onion soubise to a creamy consistency. Add 1 tablespoon of cold unsalted butter during blending. Set aside after blending..
- Remove the potatoes from heat when soft all way through. Place 1 cup of heavy cream on low heat. Hand mash, machine mix, or blend potatoes to a creamy constancy. While mixing add stick of cold, unsalted butter, mix until butter is completely incorporated into the potatoes. At this point, pour into the potatoes the onion soubise and mix well. Add the heated cream as needed for desired mashed potato consistency..
- Salt & Pepper to taste..
- Heat if necessary & serve :).
If you find this Onion Soubise Mashed Potatoes recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.